Care Services Practitioners
Do you have experience in working with vulnerable children and young people?
Do you enjoy working through complex situations with a focus on achieving positive outcomes for families you are working with?
Do you have experience in working with foster and kinship carers including case management, assessment and support?
If you answered yes, then we have the job for you!
We're looking for practitioners to join our Care Services Team at Upper Murray Family Care (UMFC). Due to growth within programs, we have positions available across our program areas of Foster Care, Kinship Care, Targeted Care and Carer Management. A great career move to a magnificent regional location, close to mountains, rivers and beautiful nature. Enjoy a vibrant restaurant and café scene and all the amenities of a large and progressive regional centre.
Will you join us? UMFC is here to help people from all walks of life - from advice on early childhood development to support for older people and their carers, with many options in between. Care Services currently have opportunities in their Care Services program for Practitioners. The program areas include: Foster Care Team
This program engages in all aspects of Foster Care including working with children, carers, families and other key stakeholders to ensure the provision of a safe, stable nurturing and therapeutic environment to children in out of home care.
Recruits, assesses, reviews, and provide initial and ongoing training and support of Carers.
Kinship Care and First Supports
The Kinship program provides a holistic kinship support service that incorporates information and advice to kinship carers (family or significant others) within our local community including Carer Support Groups; assessment and support to new carers and children (First Supports program) and case management responsibilities to existing Statutory Kinship arrangements.
Targeted Care Packages
Targeted Care Packages (TCP's) provide for the intensive support of children and young people who are at risk of entering residential care. Packages are allocated by DFFH and a key worker appointed to provide case management and support.
UMFC provides a friendly, supportive and inclusive culture based on the values of Participation, Respect, Excellence, Justice and Honesty. Albury and Wodonga are large regional towns situated on either side of the mighty Murray River. An easy three-hour drive north of Melbourne, you will be working and living near the snow-covered peaks of Falls Creek and Mount Hotham, boutique wineries and breweries, and the goldrush villages of Beechworth and Yackandandah. Connected by the Albury regional airport and the Hume Highway, Albury and Wodonga have vibrant food and arts scenes, high-quality housing, and great sporting and cultural facilities.
Who we are looking for
If you are passionate about the Agency's mission, identify with our values, and have the necessary knowledge, skills and experience, you might consider joining our team.
We are seeking applications Practitioners with the following experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Community Welfare, Human Services or other appropriate discipline;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Working within a therapeutic framework, deliver high quality, legally compliant, efficient and effective foster care services.
- Providing input into best interest case planning and review processes through consultation, preparation of reports, developing case plans, and making recommendations about children, young people and families.
- An understanding of the nature of the work undertaken by foster and kinship carers in the Out of Home Care Sector and a sound understanding of relevant theories, such as attachment and childhood trauma in relation to successfully assessing, training and providing support to carers.
Why you should join the UMFC Team
- We offer attractive remuneration packages with excellent benefits, including salary packaging, novated leasing and well-being programs
- You'll enjoy wonderful employee benefits and development opportunities
- Five weeks of annual leave per annum and additional personal leave days
- You'll make a difference to the lives of people in our community
Upper Murray Family Care Incorporated (branded as UMFC) we are an independent, non-government, community managed agency, offering a range of quality services that are responsive to the varying needs of communities extending from the cities of Albury/Wodonga, Wangaratta and Benalla, to townships throughout the Towong, Mansfield, Alpine and Indigo shires. By providing information, support and advocacy, we seek to empower individuals, families and community groups, and to contribute to a balanced, just and ethical society.
Melanie Grove - Care Services Manager
Ph: 0407 878 679
All employment with UMFC is subject to and conditional upon a satisfactory Police Check and relevant 'Employee' Working with Children's Check.
UMFC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve.
All employees are required to have mandatory COVID-19 vaccination and evidence of vaccination will be required prior to commencement.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.